KINGFIELD, Maine - Maine Huts & Trails is celebrating Maine's harvest season with a farm-to-hut dining experience at Stratton Brook hut on Saturday, September 9th 2017. All courses will be paired with award-winning wines from Cellardoor Winery, made in Lincolnville, Maine.
|Each delicious course will be paired with wine from Cellardoor Winery.|
Maine Huts & Trails is well known for their impressive backcountry cuisine using locally-sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible.
Here's a sneak peek at the full menu:
- Rosemary ginger pork meatball with butternut squash puree
- Antipasto of local salami, smoked mozzarella, and marinated green olives with a balsamic reduction
- Brushetta topped with fresh chevre and a tangy blueberry compote
- Hand-tossed flatbread with beet pesto, ricotta and mozzarella, topped with locally foraged wild mushrooms, kale and basil
- Gold curry soup with shaved fennel and seared scallop
- Shaved cauliflower and mixed green salad with spicy soy-lime sesame vinaigrette
- Gyro plate with hut made pita or naan, locally raised lamb, shaved red onion, heirloom tomato hash, ricotta tzatziki and Snow Pond goat feta
|Gather around the table and share a dinner of fall favorites with friends.|
- Thinly sliced apples baked in layers of hand-made crepes, topped with creme fraiche
- Each course will be paired with a Cellardoor wine, including their signature bottle, Double Gold Medal Monti al Mare
This culinary experience includes overnight lodging at the Stratton Brook hut, three meals (including the harvest dinner and Cellardoor wines), breakfast, and a trail lunch the next day. The cost is $140 per person for members and $150 per person for non-members.
The eco-friendly, off-the-grid hut provides guests with spectacular views of Bigelow Mountain range, Sugarloaf Mountain and the surrounding terrain.
For more information and to make reservations for this farm-to-hut harvest dinner, call 207-265-2400 or email email@example.com.