Fall Hut Rentals
Full hut, self-service multi-day group rentals are open for the fall 2023 season.
- Three Huts: Stratton Brook Hut, Poplar Stream Hut, and Flagstaff Lake Hut.
- Full hut, self-service group rentals only for May to October. Perfect for families, school groups, and special events. Two night minimum at one hut.
- Huts will not open to day visitors. Stratton Brook Hut will be open on weekends for select dates.
- 40 miles of trail, linking to miles of additional hiking and biking trails stewarded by our partners CRNEMBA, the Town of Carrabassett Valley, and Sugarloaf.
- Start the inquiry process here.
We offer over 80 miles of free, year-round, multi-use trails in the Northwestern Maine mountains. Thanks to generous land owners and donors, Maine Huts & Trails continues to ensure public access to remote and special places to all for generations to come. In the winter, our trails provide a curated backcountry experience for skiers, snowshoers, and fat bikers. Once the snow melts and summer comes around, our trail network expands to welcome hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners. The Maine Hut Trails connect to the Appalachian Trail, Bigelow Range with numerous 4,000 footers, miles of mountain bike trail, and more. Discover what our trails have to offer here!
The Maine Hut Trail System and trails in Carrabassett Valley are open for the season. Please visit our trail conditions page for any reroutes and closures, and Instagram, Facebook, and Carrabassett trails page for the most updated trail information.
October 6-8th: Visit our booth up at Sugarloaf Homecoming!
Our winter season offers nightly hut to hut stays from late December until late March. We will be opening our online reservations in September for Maine Huts & Trails members, and October 2nd for the general public. More information on winter stays may be found here. Need information for what trip to take? Read our trip guide.
Maine Huts & Trails will continue to grow and be strong and successful because of you, our community. Upcoming volunteer opportunities this summer/fall include:
Stratton Brook Hut Events - Harvest at the Huts weekend and Xterra Running event aid station. More info here!
Hut maintenance - stacking wood, groundskeeping
Interested in volunteering? Please let us know by sharing your information here.
Work with us:
We are hiring winter staff! Join our team and being part of a new season of Maine Huts & Trails adventures.
Click here for employment opportunities.