Maine Huts & Trails is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create and operate a world-class system of backcountry trails and eco-lodges for people-powered recreation to enhance the economy, communities and environment of Maine’s Western Mountain region, for the benefit of current and future generations.
Our Long-Term Goals
- Create an outdoor recreation resource of national significance
- Stimulate environmentally sensitive economic development in Western Maine
- Provide perpetual year-round public access to visitors of all ages and abilities
- Offer opportunities for environmental and experiential education; and
- Promote an environmental stewardship and conservation ethic