At Maine Huts & Trails, we think outdoor adventure should be fun! And while you should expect to break a sweat on the trails, there’s no reason to weigh yourself down with a heavy pack. When you use our gear shuttle service, your backpack will be delivered to the hut by our staff; and you can focus on what’s most important -- having fun.
Available Gear Shuttle Routes
If your Destination/1st Destination is:
Stratton Brook Hut --> Drop off at Airport Trailhead
Poplar Stream --> Drop off at Airport Trailhead
Flagstaff Lake --> Drop off at Flagstaff Lake/Long Falls Dam Trailhead
Each Trailhead has a gear shuttle shed. Drop your bags in the sheds and attach the Shuttle Tag filled out with your information. We will have an example tag in each shed. You are now ready to head up the trail!
Scheduling your gear shuttle
- Gear shuttles to and from a single hut are $135 for 1 to 4 guest bags and $33.75 for each additional guest up to a total of 8 guest bags.
- Gear shuttles for multiple huts run $135 per hut for 1 to 4 guest bags and $33.75 for each additional guest up to a total of 8 guest bags.
- You'll place the order for your gear shuttle when you book your trip.
- Gear shuttles run from select trailheads to the huts, and from hut to hut.
- Gear shuttles must be arranged at least four days in advance of your trip.
- See below for trailhead shuttle locations.
- All bags must be backpacks (no duffle bags, suitcases, totes, etc.)
- All bags must weigh 25lbs or less.
- If your backpack is over the 25 lb weight limit, you’ll need to remove excess weight to your car before labeling your bag for transport.
- You should be physically able to transport your bag if for some reason you miss the gear shuttle or we have an equipment failure.
- All bags must be tagged and ready for pick up before the designated pick up time. See below for scheduled pick up times by location.
If your gear doesn’t meet the above requirements, it might not be shuttled, or could be subject to an oversize bag fee.