Summer Hut Rentals
Full hut, self-service multi-day group rentals are open this spring for the summer/fall 2023 season.
- Three Huts: Stratton Brook Hut, Poplar Stream Hut, and Flagstaff Lake Hut.
- Full hut, self-service group rentals only for May to October. Perfect for families, school groups, and special events. Two night minimum at one hut.
- Huts are not open to day visitors during the summer. Stratton Brook Hut will be open on weekends for select dates, stay tuned!
- 40 miles of trail, linking to miles of additional hiking and biking trails stewarded by our partners CRNEMBA, the Town of Carrabassett Valley, and Sugarloaf.
- Start the inquiry process here.
We offer over 80 miles of free, year-round, multi-use trails in the Northwestern Maine mountains. Thanks to generous land owners and donors, Maine Huts & Trails continues to ensure public access to remote and special places to all for generations to come. In the winter, our trails provide a curated backcountry experience for skiers, snowshoers, and fat bikers. Once the snow melts and summer comes around, our trail network expands to welcome hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners. The Maine Hut Trails connect to the Appalachian Trail, Bigelow Range with numerous 4,000 footers, miles of mountain bike trail, and more. Discover what our trails have to offer here!
Our backcountry trails still have snow and are currently open, however our huts are closed. Please note, grooming will stop March 26th, please use caution. The Maine Hut Trails are always free to use. Please visit our trail conditions page for reroutes and closures, and Instagram, Facebook, and Carrabassett trails page for the most updated trail information.
Work with us:
Join our team and being part of a new season of Maine Huts & Trails adventures.
Click here for employment opportunities.
Maine Huts & Trails will continue to grow and be strong and successful because of you, our community. Upcoming volunteer opportunities this summer include:
Trail maintenance - curbing growth, culvert repair, tree removal, potential bridge repairs
Hut maintenance - stacking wood, groundskeeping
Interested in volunteering this summer? Please let us know by sharing your information here.