1. Gauge Road Trailhead (beginning of Carriage Road near the Carrabassett Valley Town Office) is closed. The nearest trailhead is the Airport Trailhead; see all available trailheads.
2. Campbell Field Trailhead (on Rt 27) is closed for parking while the bridge across the Carrabassett River is under construction. To access the north end of the Narrow Gauge Pathway, please use MH&T's Stratton Brook/Rt 27 Trailhead just north of the Sugarloaf Access Rd.
Alternative Stratton Brook/Rt 27 Parking Options Include:
- Airport trailhead parking lot (behind the SugarBowl).
- Anti-Gravity Center parking area; however, overnight guests MUST park in the area to the left of the overhead garage doors. Do not block the exit. The parking spaces at the Carrabassett Valley Library are reserved for library parking.
- Outdoor Center parking area; trails connect to the Stratton Brook/Rt 27 Trailhead along a signed, designated reroute off of Moose Bog Loop Trail, number 103 on the CV Trails map.
It is crucial to pay attention to No-Parking signs.
Campbell Field Trailhead Spur connecting to the Narrow Gauge Pathway, Meade, and Mike's Mile. Please check conditions and the MH&T Trail Map for bike trail closures and designated use. We recommend following our trails on TrailHUB, an interactive app for trail navigation, conditions, and alerts.
All huts are open and in full service season. Call to book a trip!
Bikers between Flagstaff Hut and Big Eddy are recommended to take Long Falls Dam Rd between Gateway Drive (dam access road) and the Long Falls Dam/Flagstaff Trailhead due to soft, wet trail conditions. This section of the Maine Hut Trail shows a "caution" status on TrailHUB with notes updated by the MH&T trail crew.
1. Many of the large bridges on the Maine Hut Trail are in the process of decking replacement. Please cross bridges along i-beams and stay off the outer edges. Some bridges in the Flagstaff Hut area have been closed off so visitors will have to travel around and through the water. The trail crew has begun construction between Flagstaff Hut and Big Eddy Trailhead. Thank you for your understanding and adventurous spirit as we move forward with this project! More information (PDF) >>
2. To Access Grand Falls Hut during the summer, please use Lower Enchanted or Big Eddy Trailhead. Access from West Forks is not maintained or recommended.
If you have specific questions or concerns about your safety on the trails, please call the Kingfield office at 207.265.2400 or contact us.