1. Gauge Road Trailhead (at the beginning of the Carriage Road near the Carrabassett Valley Town Office) is closed. The nearest trailhead is the Airport Trailhead; see all available trailheads.
2. Campbell Field Trailhead (on Rt 27) is open for parking, but the bridge across the Carrabassett River is out, please use MH&T's Stratton Brook TH. All visitors are encouraged to access the Narrow Gauge Pathway via Stratton Brook/Rt 27 Trailhead just north of the Sugarloaf Access Rd.
It is crucial to pay attention to No-Parking signs.
Stratton Brook Parking Options Include
1. Airport trailhead parking lot (behind the SugarBowl).
2. The Anti-Gravity Center is an alternative parking area; however, overnight guests MUST park in the area to the left of the overhead garage doors. Do not block the exit. The parking spaces at the Carrabassett Valley Library are reserved for library parking.
All trails are open.
All huts are open.
The Falls Trail to the Grand Falls overlook has a partially incomplete footbridge near the trail's north entrance. Access to the Grand Falls overlook is possible from the south Falls Trail entrance, off the Maine Hut Trail, near the Tom and Kate Chappell Memorial Footbridge. Use your Trail Map!
1. Carriage Rd is closed to recreational activity for duration of the winter season.
2. Grand Falls Hut to WF/201 Trailhead is ungroomed. This section will be variable backcountry conditions.
If you have specific questions or concerns about your safety on the trails, please call the Kingfield office at 207.265.2400 or contact us.