Maine Huts & Trails Self-Service Winter Experience
Self-service has a huge fan base among our guests, and is an experience that brings your family and friends together for you to create magnificent adventures and memories on the trail, in the Hut, and in the kitchen. Self-service nights are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. These stays include nearly all the same amenities as their full-service counterparts, but exclude prepared meals and gear shuttles. Guests have full use of the commercial kitchen, and pack in and pack out all their supplies, such as food. Hot showers, private bunk rooms, and access to all comfy common areas remains the same.
- MH&T hut staff and volunteers are present welcoming guests and attending to daily details.
- Our hut staff do not prepare your meals. Each guest prepares your own meals and you do the dishes.
- Our Huts’ fully equipped commercial kitchens are at your service, filled with everything you need to create your own culinary experience. Basics are on hand in the Huts’ pantries for use, including spices, oils, and vinegars, sugar, and flour.
- Our pantry has on hand for purchase a variety of shapes of pasta and sauce, and a selection of Good-to-Go’s delicious dehydrated gourmet prepared meals.
- Coffee and tea are always provided for every stay.
- A selection of local beer and wine will be available for purchase at the Hut. You may bring your own beverages of choice, but Maine liquor laws require that they may not be enjoyed inside the Hut.