To make sure your trip goes as smoothly as possible, it’s a good idea to make sure we’ve covered everything in advance. Please read the following steps carefully, and have fun preparing for your adventure!
What to do next
- Review your confirmation email carefully, and let us know as soon as possible if anything needs to be changed.
- Review the sample packing list to help get your gear together. View our winter gear guide for tips!
- Fill out the guest information in your reservation. If you are the person who booked the trip, log into your trip portal and invite your fellow guests to enter their information.
- Review driving directions to your first trailhead
- Review the Maine Huts & Trails trail map. If you don’t have a map, you may download one online. Be sure to check trail conditions and local trail closures before leaving!
- For hut to hut trips, you may need to organize a car shuttle outside of Maine Huts.
What to do before you leave
- Review your confirmation email. Know which trailhead you are leaving and returning to.
- Gear shuttles use either the Airport Trailhead or Flagstaff Hut Trailhead. IMPORTANT: GEAR MUST BE DROPPED OFF BY NO LATER THAN 11AM.
- Check weather and trail conditions.
- Don't forget your sleeping bag and pillowcase!
Like any outdoor adventure, planning ahead is key to having a great time. If you have any questions or concerns about your upcoming trip, please call us anytime. If you’re coming through Kingfield, stop by the office to fill up water bottles, browse our retail wall, check out maps, or just say hi!