Spring Pea & Mint Soup
Spring Pea & Mint Soup (Vegan, GF)
This is one of our most popular summer soups. It tastes as bright and fresh as it looks, and is the perfect fuel for a brisk hike to the nearest waterfall. Look for it on the lunch menu all summer!
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp veggie bouillon
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- small bunch of fresh mint
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place a medium pot on high heat with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped celery, onion, and garlic and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir stock into a jug of hot water until it's dissolved.
- Add the stock and peas to the vegetables (no need to defrost frozen peas).
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, put the lid on and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the peas have softened, remove the pan from heat, season with salt and pepper and add the mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth with a hand blender or food processor. If using a stand up blender, only fill halfway.
- If serving cold, transfer the soup to the refrigerator to chill.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve warm or cold.
During full-service season, your overnight stay includes three meals made with locally sourced ingredients whenever possible- sometimes even grown on site! Even if you're not staying with us, you can buy lunch at any of the huts during full-service season Saturdays & Sundays from 11:30-1:30.